Top 5 Companies in the Aptamers Market 2023
09 May, 2023
Growth Plus Reports
According to Growth Plus, Reports, the global aptamers market was valued at US$ 2.59 billion in 2022, and it is expected to register a strong CAGR of 17.90% to reach US$ 11.42 billion by 2031. The increasing usage of aptamers in different applications such as drug discovery, diagnostics, and therapies, as well as the rising prevalence of chronic illnesses such as cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease, will drive revenue growth in the global aptamers market.
What are Aptamers?
Aptamers are single-stranded nucleic acids or peptides that attach selectively to target molecules such as proteins, tiny compounds, and even entire cells. Aptamers may be developed to bind to a wide range of targets with great specificity and affinity. Depending on the application, they can be customized to have different binding qualities, such as reversible or irreversible binding. They offer various benefits over standard antibody-based methods, including low immunogenicity, high stability, ease of manufacturing and modification, and low immunogenicity. Aptamers have been used in biosensing, diagnostics, therapies, and drug delivery. Because of their beneficial features, they have been studied as potential therapeutic replacements for classical antibodies, and regulatory agencies have already authorized many aptamer-based medications.
The Top 5 Players in the Aptamers Market are:
- SomaLogic Operating Co. Inc.: SomaLogic, founded in 2000, is a global leader in proteomics. The firm aspires to transform precision medicine to help resolve unmet medical needs by leveraging an industry-leading technology platform with one of the world's biggest clinical proteomic databases. The Company's headquarters are located in Boulder County, Colorado, USA.
- Aptamer Sciences Inc.: Aptamer Sciences Inc. is a privately held biotech firm commercializing cutting-edge protein analysis products based on its unique aptamer technology platforms. Aptamer Sciences is committed to developing aptamer technologies for producing high-quality aptamers for research, diagnostics, and treatments. Aptamer Sciences was established in 2011 and is headquartered in Pohang, South Korea.
- Aptamer Group: Aptamer Group is a market leader in producing Optimer binders for application in medicines, diagnostics, bioprocessing, and research. Through its unique Optimer technology, the Company aspires to create revolutionary solutions that fulfill the demands of researchers and developers throughout the life sciences. The firm was established in 2008, with its headquarters in York, England.
- Aptagen LLC: Aptagen, LLC is a biotechnology firm that provides custom-based aptamer and aptabody services to substitute antibodies in research, diagnostic platforms, drug development, and therapies. Aptagen was established in 2004. In 2006, operations commenced. Aptagen is in Jacobus, York County, Pennsylvania, in the United States.
- Raptamer Discovery Group: Raptamer Discovery Group, LLC is committed to advancing and commercializing aptamer technology and its associated products. Raptamers are synthetic affinity reagents developed by the business for use in life science research, diagnostics, and therapies. The firm was established in 2006 in Houston, Texas, USA.